Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Global warming

It's been a long time coming, but I do make the effort to re-appear once in a while, especially since very relevant issues pop up every once in a while. The following link is a priest's analysis of the whole 'global warming' issue. It is a comprehensive account of what is often regarded as a complex issue. One can never automatically come up with or list a whole array of scientific facts for or against the theory, but the very fact that it is universally acknowledged as a theory proves enough that the issue is ultimately one that is going to be disputed. And it is precisely at this point of dispute where the importance of it comes in, because global warming's most zealous advocates claim that what they hold is UNDISPUTED fact, and so it automatically makes the rational person question why they have this view when it is so obviously apparent that the whole issue is speculative and at heart debatable? For me it is enough to, for instance, remember the fact that the earth's climate was a lot hotter several thousand years ago than it is today, to debunk the idea that the earth is presently overheating because of industrial carbon dioxide emissions. But is precisely because of industry that the whole issue of global warming exists, and as such the measures used to supposedly tackle it seem to be overtly political and economic rather than environmental. Basically, the proponents of global warming want to end industry altogether, thereby putting to an end the chance of developing countries growing economically, especially countries which pose the biggest current political threat to western hegemony, notably China and India. I understand that Nikola is a bit hesitant about this issue because he doesn't know all the facts, but I also leave it to all you readers to give him a bit of inspiration, and let him see what really matters when they talk about global warming!:)
http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/gwarm.htm
_________________________________________
Technorati tags;
warming

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one can deny that global warming is occuring. The world is getting warmer, but if one compares it to recent times. There is no denying that compared to a few decades or a century or two ago the earth is warmer. But that's not what the debate is about if there's any debate on global warming it is about the solutions and the causes.

I personally cast doubt that humans are fully responsible. I remember recently reading that scientists found that most of the melting of the ice caps in Antartica was due to changting wind patterns and that only on the caost was ice melting at a greater rate while inland the ice has started increasing. The scientists who published by this report were suspended from their jobs. It seems that in order to get more research grants the scientific community is trying to suppress knowledge and to accuse man of creating problems.

Then there are the solutions. They are not solutions. Example, cars in which the fuel contains alcohol. This is idiotic as it take 30% more energy to make fuel blended with alcohol then the petrol people use now. Not only that with so many parts of the world experiencing famine what is the logic in destroying crops to waste more energy. Not only that but these programs require subsidies and thus they shouldn't exist as they are not competitive.

I recommend people read "The politicall incorrect guide to global warming."

7:27 PM  
Blogger serbialives admin said...

Yes bro I am hesitant to blog on the subject. I know it's one that interests you a lot, and I've no doubt it's important. I also have no doubt whatsoever that our masters are prepared to invent a whole pseudo-science and bogus theories to suit their aims. We've seen them do that with element's of psychology, sociology etc It's just that given that I haven't researched the topic, and don't understand the fundamentals, there's no point me pretending to be some expert. If it's one thing that I try to never do, it's commit myself on a certain issue about which I know next to nothing. Even when our enemies are the recipients of the criticism I try not to jump the gun. After all if I were to throw accusations against them which turn out to be false, that would undermine all the entirely valid criticism.
I know you've read up on the issue quite a lot, keep me updated on any incriminating stuff you may find...

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brill site do you want me to link you in and visa versa let me know.

http://scottishbritishandproud.blogspot.com/

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://scottishbritishandproud.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you want to link.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Global warming was going to happen if we polluted or not. Its just a cycle the world goes through. Its happened a few times before. I wouldn’t go as far as to blame man kind its self about polluting. I would blame parents that have about 10 children a year and greedy corporations. They are the reason for global warming. You cant really point the finger at average Joes like me. I would go into science geek mood like I do but I will save my self the bother. My ideas to stop global warming and stuff aren’t wanted.

www.IanMacNb.net

8:49 PM  
Blogger Aberdeen-Patriot said...

I have linked you in

1:52 PM  
Blogger ba ba said...

Hey Nikola, i think you might be interested in a book i have just bought from amazon, written by paddy ashdown, called

Swords And Ploughshares: Building Peace in the 21st Century

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0297853031/026-1158280-8168405

I havnt read it yet, but he is writing about his experiences in Bosnia.

2:32 PM  
Blogger serbialives admin said...

Aberdeen Patriot: I've also linked you.

BNP member: Let me know how the book goes. I expect it to be full of propaganda and half-baked apologetics delivered in such a way as to convince the reader that the writer is both impartial and well meaning. Given that he was the de-facto dictator of Bosnia (capable of sacking anyone in any of its political institutions), appointed by the very powers that created the war, he is niether of those!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’ѕ very effortlesѕ to find out аny matter on net
as
comparеԁ to books, as I fοund thіs pіеce of wгiting
at this websitе.

Also visіt mу pаge ... baсk pain [http://shareatalent.com]

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Нeуа i’m fοr thе first tіme here.
Ӏ founԁ thiѕ boarԁ аnԁ ӏ find Іt trulу useful
& іt helpеd mе out muсh.
Ι hope to gіve ѕomething back and aid others like you аided mе.


Viѕіt my sіte: what is going green

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! Ι’m rеally digging the template/theme
of this blog. It’s simple, уet effectіvе.
A lot of tіmes іt’s dіfficult to get that “pеrfect bаlancе”
between suρerb usabіlitу аnd visual appeal.

I must sаy you have donе a amazing job with this.


Additionally, the blog lοads very quick for me on Fiгefoх.
Ѕuperb Blog!

Αlso visit my website; core training

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home