Saturday, May 12, 2007

Recommended essays

UPDATE: For anyone thats visiting as a result of the Eurovision song contest, a small summary of my reaction is available in the comments section of this entry. Turns out Serbia was represented by a half-Turkish lesbian. The shame of it.

I finally got hold of news on the 'ganja march' the other day, but forgot to inform people. It turns out that it was a total failure as not one of the provocateurs showed up. Instead around 200 patriots gathered in Belgrade town centre and the day ended peacefully enough. And it turns out that Obraz did issue a press release about the march, available on their site.
The following are some informative articles and news stories that I don't have time to comment on:

Essays/articles
Serbo-phobes should take a history lesson by Neil Clark
Whose land is it, anyway? by Mr Smith
A Communism for the 21st Century by fjordman
Corruption, Religious Freedom and Israeli Real Estate by Patrick Theros (courtesy of Hellenic Nationalist)

News stories
Vegas run by gays and Jews, says magician
Oral sex linked to throat cancer
Some schools in Britain too white

_____________________________________________
Technorati tags;
neil clark fjordman communism israel real estate race ethnicity obraz vegas

7 Comments:

Blogger Hellenian said...

Since you posted a link regarding deviant forms of sex leading to major health problems, I thought I'd share this news article I found on Pravda.ru a long time ago: "Oral and Anal Sex Leads to Infertility" (originally at http://english.pravda.ru/fun/2001/07/04/9305.html).

Unfortunately, I don't know if this is part of Pravda.ru's tabloid news or their actual news and I haven't heard of any other news sites reporting on it since it was published.

5:39 PM  
Blogger ba ba said...

So, what's your take on the Serbian entry winning Eurovision?

11:30 PM  
Blogger serbialives admin said...

Hellenian: Thanks for the additional info, always welcome.
BNP member: I really don't like the pop music and popular culture. As for the eurovision song contest itself I don't feel that the individual countries actually showcase their own culture. I mean with homosexual French men singing in English, Africans representing Scandinavian nations, and Ukranian drag queens it seems to be a celebration of everything thats wrong with Europe. I wasn't aware the Serbian entry had won till I got up this morning and switched on my mobile. I haven't seen the entry but I winced when I realised the result. My reaction is somewhere between mild embarrassment and complete disinterest. I'm not even sure whether it was a man or woman singing. The only positive I can draw is that at least many European countries seemed positively disposed to Serbia (which is nice given the current situation). I just wish we had given Europe a performance that was representative of our own culture and people, not some wierd looking hermaphrodite singing pop music! With all our beatiful women and manly men, and our rich music and dance, would it have been too much to ask? Probably given that we're talking about the eurovision song contest.

10:21 AM  
Blogger ba ba said...

Fair enough! i was distinctly embarrassed at 'our' entry as well.

11:09 AM  
Blogger serbialives admin said...

I just discovered the singers dad is Turkish, and that she is a lesbian. God help Serbia if we are supposed to be proud of this!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for flagging my post, Nikola, glad it was worth reading.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not only that her dad is Turkish. She's apparently also part gypsy (http://blogs.tol.org/roma/2007/05/06/the-first-roma-singer-in-the-history-of-eurovision-song-contest/).

Seriosuly. Like you, I don't like eurovision for the same reasons -- not a celebration of cultures but of horrid pop music.

Not only that but it's not even a competition any more. It's just country blocks voting for each ohter (nmainly ex-USSR,ex-YU, Balkans and Scandinavians among each ohter). The fact that Britain sent such a horrible act shows that people shouldn't really care about this horrid competition any more especially given that part of the continent has no chance in winning and voting is not based on talent.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home