And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!" (St.Matthew 27:25)
It is clear from the behaviour of this Jewish settler that he has no inner calm and is a living example that religious fanatacism does not make one a spiritual person. One might well argue that given the fact that he lives in a conflict zone, he might well have reason to be neurotic, and resentful. But upon closer examination this view is unsustainable. For one he makes the claim that he is 'proud' that the Jews killed Jesus. One could derive a hatred of Arabs or Muslims, but what do Christians have to do with the conflict. Only a small percentage of Palestinians are Christian. This settler has clearly been taught as part of his religious instruction this animosity towards Christianity and Christ. It could not have come from his everyday experiences. One can remember the furore that Mel Gibsons film 'Passion of the Christ' caused. The Jewish lobby were opposed to certain lines in the film that were biblical verses. In other words they find the Christian faith intolerable and anti-semitic. Their phony cries of intolerance were a sad joke given that they wanted biblical excerpts amended to appease their own theological viewpoint.
Various parts of the Talmud (their primary 'holy' book) compare ALL non-Jews to animals, and claim that Jesus will be punished in hell by being boiled in semen. -God forgive me for having to type this filth- And they find the Bible objectionable! Clearly the fact that the Jews killed Christ must have some cosmic significance to Christians, since we believe him to be our Lord and Saviour. And it would seem that Jews themselves believe that there is blood on their hands as evidenced by this young settlers pride at the act of his ancestors. He cant seem to fathom the concept that Jesus came to offer salvation to ALL souls. His attitude is 'God gave me this land, F*ck everyone else'. Some religion, some compassion, some humility.
Regarding Israel itself, here is a few facts that I came accross recently:
1. Did you know that non-Jewish Israelis cannot buy or lease land in Israel? A Jew from any country in the world is guaranteed citizenship in Israel, while the Palestinians who have been there for centuries are oppressed and persecuted.
2. Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2), Palestinian license plates in Israel are colour coded to distinguish Jews from non-Jews?
3. Did you know that Israel allots 85% the water resources for Jews, and the remaining 15% divided among all Palestinians in the territories? For example in Hebron, 85% the water is set aside for about 400 Jewish settlers, while the remaining 15% distributed among Hebron's 120, 000 Palestinians?
4. Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid each year from American tax dollars?
5. Did you know that US aid to Israel exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and to buy arms made in Israel.
6. Did you know that the U.S. administration has notified Congress on numerous occasions that Israel has violated the rules on how US-supplied weapons are used? (In 1978, 1979 and 1982 during fighting in Lebanon, and once after Israel's bombing of an Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981.)
7. Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East that refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections from its sites? Yet these are grounds for pre-emptively attacking other countries!
8. Did you know that high-ranking military officers in the Israeli Defense Forces have admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war have been summarily executed by the Israeli forces? Yet similar alleged war crimes in the former Yugoslavia led to Serbia being bombed.
9.Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did nothing about it? I'll have a big entry on this in the future.
10. Did you know that Israel stands in defiance of 69 United Nations Security Council Resolutions? Again countless countries have been attacked for 'defying' UN resolutions. Israel seems to be gunning for the Guiness world record and nobody cares.
11. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of maintaining a distinct Jewish character? Yet pro-Israeli pundits all over Europe and America say that its racist to be anti-immigration.
12. Did you know that , Ariel Sharon, was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?
13. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?
14. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the American public? It neednt bother 4 out of the main 5 media conglomerates in the US are Jewish owned.
15. Did you know that recently-declassified documents indicate that David Ben-Gurion approved of the forced expulsion of Arabs from all Palestininan territory in 1948? Sounds like ethnic cleansing to me.
16. Did you know that Palestinian refugees make up the largest portion of the refugee population in the world?
17. Did you know that the right of self-determination is guaranteed to every human being under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights [December, 1948], yet Palestinians were/are expected to negotiate for this right under the Oslo Accords?
18. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war, it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive strike?
19. Did you know that, as an occupying power, Israel has a particular responsibility under the Geneva Conventions to protect Palestinian civilians? You wouldnt know it by looking at the following evidence from an Australian lady who witnesses Palestinan children being attacked while police arrest her for trying to shield them!
20. Nelson Mandela, a secular saint of the Western world, called the Israeli government an apartheid regime, just like South Africa used to be. And still noone cares even though every single 'holier than thou' bleeding heart liberal was all for imposing sanctions on South Africa when it was under an apartheid regime.