Saturday, June 02, 2007

One last push and I'm done

Recently there have been a lot of interesting stories that under normal circumstances I would have felt compelled to write about. There was the Channel 4 documentary on Kosovo which really got me worked up. The ancient Serbian symbol of a cross and four C's (standing for only unity can save the Serbs), found on virtually every Serbian flag ever, was referred to as a supremacist symbol. Serb school children and teachers were asked provocative questions, mainly along the lines of 'Why don't you make an effort to fit in and learn Albanian?' Oh and a gypsy was portrayed as a Serb, and an Albanian flag was referred to as a 'Kosovan' flag, when no such flag exists. To call the reporter clueless would be generous.
Then there was the arrest of a Mladic aide in Bosnia. When I initially saw the headline I thought Mladic himself had been caught. As it is he's still free, thank God. I hope he's tucked away safely in some remote monastery.
I have been sent some excellent material recently and intend to publish it when I'm done with exams. I will be done in exactly 10 days time. Until then there will, in all likelihood, be blog silence as I make one last big push on the academic front. I want to give it everything I have, not spend the summer wondering whether I could have been more productive or obtained better results. My fellow contributor is burdened with even more important commitments than I am, and does not currently have regular access to a computer. God willing, we will make amends for the recent scarcity of posts in the future. Until then God bless everyone...
_____________________________________________

9 Comments:

Blogger ba ba said...

Good luck mate, see you after the exams.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a counter demonstration against "enough"
Please visit my site for details and if possible advertise on your site.
Thanks

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very sad I wounder what Arkan would of this situation :-(

1:35 PM  
Blogger ba ba said...

Nikola, your going to want to read this guy;

The Media and their Atrocities
May 2000



For the better part of a decade the U.S. public has been bombarded with a media campaign to demonize the Serbian people and their elected leaders. During that time, the U.S. government has pursued a goal of breaking up Yugoslavia into a cluster of small, weak, dependent, free-market principalities. Yugoslavia was the only country in Eastern Europe that would not dismantle its welfare state and public sector economy. It was the only one that did not beg for entry into NATO. It was — and what's left of it, still is — charting an independent course not in keeping with the New World Order. . . .

Read more here;

http://www.michaelparenti.org/MediaAtrocities.html

1:51 PM  
Blogger ba ba said...

By the way i should point out that i first read this last night in a book called "You are being lied to", isbn 096641007-6

www.disinfo.com

Best,
G.

1:53 PM  
Blogger The Green Arrow said...

Nikola, you have probably already seen this but it was new to me and provided by BNPmember and I think sums the truth up nicely.

http://www.michaelparenti.org/MediaAtrocities.html

Good luck in what you are doing.

One day we will rewrite the history books to reflect the truth.

7:25 AM  
Blogger The Green Arrow said...

Sorry BNP. I am running in comment windows and did not see the end of your posts. That little util can go.

I should have known you would be on the ball with useful information for Nikola.

Well done and thanks again for your comment. It restored my equilibrium.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS PEACE THAT U WROTE IS VERY NICE AND FULL OF TRUTH LIKE ALL THE REST OF YOUR WRITTINGS....NICE JOB....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OF LETTING THE PEOPLE KNOW THA TRUTH....ZIVELA SRBIJA

5:02 PM  
Blogger jean frankel tries to murder me of ideas for action llc said...

3:47 PM 1/19/2011What It’s Like to Chill Out With Whom the Rest of the World Considers As The Most Ruthless Men: Ratko Mladic, Goran Hadzic and Radovan Karadzic (+) Confessions of a Female War Crimes Investigator By Jill Louise Starr NJ USA

https://sites.google.com/site/jillstarrsite/what-it-s-like-to-chill-out-with-whom-the-rest-of-the-world-considers-as-the-most-ruthless-men-in-the-world-ratko-mladic-and-radovan-karadzic-confessions-of-a-female-war-crimes-investigator

Retrospectively, it was all so simple, natural and matter of fact being on a boat restaurant in Belgrade, sitting with, laughing, drinking a two hundred bottle of wine and chatting about war and peace while Ratko Mladic held my hand. Mladic, a man considered the world’s most ruthless war criminal since Adolf Hitler, still at large and currently having a five million dollar bounty on his head for genocide by the international community. Yet there I was with my two best friends at the time, a former Serbian diplomat, his wife, and Ratko Mladic just chilling. There was no security, nothing you’d ordinarily expect in such circumstances. Referring to himself merely as, Sharko; this is the story of it all came about.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home